Monday, June 7, 2010

Lori Foster Rocks!

And so does the Lori Foster Event.

I had a blast this last weekend at the Lori Foster Event just north of Cincinnati. Check out the link for some pictures. I didn't get the chance to take any pictures because, alas, I kept forgetting my camera. That didn't stop Angela James from snapping a picture of me trying to open the world's most stubborn bottle of wine with the worst corkscrew ever invented, then posting it on Twitter.

The event was a winner all around, affordable, fun, and friendly, I've never been to another get together like this that afforded more face to face time between readers and writers. I can't tell which group had more fun, because a great time was had by all.

I laughed so hard I cried, and I had some awesome discussions with people about just about anything and everything. Now I've got a little pressure on my shoulders because word leaked out that I post naughty haiku on Twitter. Now I've got to get my short verse writing skills back in shape. Fortunately my dirty mind hasn't gone anywhere. I've got new poems for crayons, hats, chopsticks, meatballs, and vestibules.

I'm definitely putting the event on the calendar for next year. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Hope to see you there!

Jess

2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

That does sound like a fun weekend. I'm glad. {SMILE}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Lori said...

Thanks Jess! I'm glad you had fun. :-)

Lori