Tuesday, June 22, 2010

True Blood is back!


True Blood is back and I am so happy. Not only do I get my Sookie, Bill and Eric fix from my "keeper" books (and yes, Charlaine Harris has been on my keeper shelf since the Aurora Teagarden mysteries), but now we get to see just how HBO twists the books. I think one of my favorite parts about the TV adaptation has to be the vampire Jessica.

It's ironic because when she first came into being, I remember saying to my husband, "She's not in the books. That's not how it's supposed to be in the books." He gently reminded me that we were, in fact, watching HBO and not reading. Still, it was tough. I wanted to see what I'd expected in Sookie's world. But Jessica is so much fun. She's the only non-cool vampire on the show. She's figuring things out, and making mistakes and discovering just how she's supposed to live now that she actually has a real life.

I'm also enjoying Sam's new storyline, because I don't remember much backstory on him from the books. In fact, I'm assuming that would be pretty hard considering the books are only from Sookie's point of view. In the series, we get to see things as the other characters do. And don't get me started on Lafayette. What a stellar character. And he's getting better and better every season.

Is anybody else a True Blood watcher? If so, who are some of your favorite characters? And what do you think the show is doing right/or is there something else you'd like to see happen that hasn't unfolded yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

3 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I watched the first season but I prefer the books.

Sharon said...

I watched the first season and then stop because it was different from the books. But I love seeing all the promos for it, cause Eric is hot ! I haven't read the Teagarden series yet, but love The Harper & Connelly books!

Angie Fox said...

You know, I always pictured Eric as kind of a young Val Kilmer - like how he looked in Top Gun. Although the True Blood Eric is nice. I think the one in my head is better!