Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pepper Martin is Back--and This Time, She's Bringing the Commander in Chief!


"Tomb with a View," the sixth book in the Pepper Martin mystery series hit bookstores yesterday. Join me in lifting a glass of cyberspace bubbly to Pepper's newest adventure!

She might not share the joy. You see, Garden View Cemetery, where Pepper works, is planning a birthday celebration for President James A. Garfield, who's buried there. Bad enough Pepper has to deal with history. Worse when she's required to work with Marjorie Klinker, the world's most annoying know-it-all volunteer.

Can things get more miserable?

Sure, when the ghost of the president shows up and bores Pepper to tears with his excessive use of his freedom of speech. And then there's the assisted header Marjorie takes off the balcony in the presidential memorial.

Pepper needs to investigate, if only to show up her cop ex-boyfriend. But now that she's made the executive decision to find a flesh-and-blood killer, she's going to stick to it--even if it gets her assassinated

3 comments:

Sharon S. said...

Cheers to you! I went out and bought it yesterday. It has been a long time since I've read a Pepper book (a year?) and now I remember why I loved them so much! I love how you write her (snarky) and I just enjoy the way you write (that make sense? ). I'm about 1/4 through it and so hoping for Quin to eat some crow. I should have it done by tomorrow and will post on amazon, goodreads and FB. Don't want to blather on and on so "gush, gush, gush" that should about cover it!

Casey said...

Thanks for the gushing, Sharon! Oh, and I appreciate the reviews. So kind of you.

Glad you're liking the book...wait until you see what happens to Quinn in next year's release!!!

Sharon S. said...

wha? I have to wait another year for him to get whats coming to him! Well, I guess the fact that he is still around for another book is a good sign. That man so needs to be put in his place . (off to read)