Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bon Voyage?

Remember last year, right around this time . . . I'd just returned from a trip to New Mexico which I swore up and down was a Third World country. I vowed--right here on Something Wicked for all the world to read--that I would never go back again.

Well, guess where I'm going on Friday.

I tell you this not because I want the world to know I don't keep my word when I say I'll never, ever, never do something again, but because I'm staying with a friend who has no Internet connection (and no electricity, no cell phone reception and no running water, hence my promise to never return).

Just want you all to know I won't be checking in for a couple weeks. I bet I'll have plenty of stories when I get back.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Sharon S. said...

wow, this must be some friend . You are basically going camping for a few weeks? You are more of a woman than I am. Good luck this year and enjoy the quiet.

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

I thought of camping, too. I do hope you enjoy visiting with your friend. She must be pretty special. {Smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Casey said...

Leslie is a very special friend, and she just had hip replacement surgery. Hence, my visit!