Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bloodlust, vampire ducks and things that go bump in the night

Bring on the Halloween treats. And I don't mean the candy (although if you do have candy, I'll take that too). No, I'm talking about the fun things that you only seem to find in stores this time of year.

Like last night, my husband came home with a bottle of Dracula's Bloodlust cabernet sauvingnon. He bought it for the label, and for the fact that it's made in Romania. Probably at the foot of Dracula's castle, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Then there was the four-pack of True Blood that a bunch of us shared at the Archon Conference this weekend. I have no idea where they found it. It tasted like sweet tarts and orange drink, with maybe some 7-up mixed in. It was an odd combination. Frankly, I don't know how Bill Compton and the gang do it.

Then there are the costumed rubber duckies we bring out every year for the kids. I bought them because they're glow in the dark and I thought I could do this haunted (yet silly) duck pond out in front of the house. Naturally, we've been playing around with the props instead.

And of course - my favorite - the laughing skull door knocker. His eyeballs pop out on long wires and he sings a song whenever anyone comes to the door. And around here, that's entertainment.

3 comments:

SandyG265 said...

My brother has a candy dish with a vulture on it that cackles when you reach for candy. He brings it out every halloween.

Elie said...

I am in the process of moving and hoping I will be settled enough to bust of the halloween stash. It just seems like a right of passage before the rest of the year.

Angie Fox said...

Ohhh...I like the vulture candy dish! Having Halloween envy now.

And yes, Elie, the stash is essential. Somehow mine grows larger every year. ;)