Friday, October 15, 2010

The Last of the Demon Slayers - speed bump!

Gah! It drives me crazy when great plans go wonky. On Tuesday, I announced that we'd be releasing The Last of the Demon Slayers today. It was going to be so cool. I even had it circled in red pen on my calendar.

And then late yesterday, we learned from Amazon that they need more time. How much more time? It shouldn't be more than a week. So here we are, at the starting block. Pirate is getting antsy. Flappy is eating the starting pistol and I have no idea what the biker witches are getting themselves into. They're probably at the all-you-can eat buffet.

But hey, on the bright side. The book is great. The ending made me cry (and not because of anything bad happening, but because of this sweet moment). And this book will come out soon. In the mean time, we just need to keep Pirate away from the hot dog vendors and the spells under wraps and we should be fine.

4 comments:

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

The delay must be fruatrating. However, at least it's only a week. I've heard of publishing delays significantly longer than that. {encouraging Smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Sharon S. said...

we are a forgiving crowd here :) Just keep us updated. Looking forward to reading it.

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Angie, I just saw on the Writers Beware blog that the president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America is asking members to let SWFA know if they've had problems with Dorchester. It would help their investigations into the matter. I'm not sure how much this applies to you, but I thought you should know, under the circumstances. {Smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

DonnaKay said...

I hope that you don't stop writen they demon slayer door not only have thay made me smile, I have also laughed by butt and for that I really thank you!!!
DonnaKay aka DUCKKISSER