Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Last of the Demon Slayers

Hey all, it's been a crazy week already. That's because I'm doing something completely different from the usual "sit down and think of ways for my characters to vanquish imps, demons and other supernatural nasties." Instead of writing, I'm tackling the other end of the process - publishing.

As many of you may know, my publisher for the Accidental Demon Slayer books has been having trouble distributing books and paying authors. Dorchester wasn't meeting its contractual obligations, so after thinking long and hard on it, I decided to take back the rights to my December release, The Last of the Demon Slayers.

I have to tell you, it's the strangest feeling to be back in control of my December book. As I was telling my agent, there are days when I can barely find my car keys. But I owed it to the book and my readers.

The Last of the Demon Slayers is a great addition to the series. I'm so stinking proud of how all of the elements came together on this one - Lizzie, the biker witches, Pirate, Flappy the dragon.

And I've gotten a mountain of email from readers wondering what is happening. Will the book come out? The answer is yes. The book needs to be out there. And since I have the files, we don't even have to wait until December.

I've turned everything over to Amazon and they are going to release The Last of the Demon Slayers on Friday, October 15. It will start as an ebook, and then go to paperback a few weeks later. We're still working on a date for that paperback release. But even if you don't have an e-reader, you can still get the book on Kindle for PC (what I use) or Kindle for Mac.

It's not posted yet, but it should be up there any time. I also have a new cover, since the publisher owns the old cover. It was done by Kim at Hot Damn Designs. That's her own medieval sword in the picture. I so want a sword like that. My old publisher has promised to take down the old listing from Amazon, and I hope it doesn't cause any confusion in the mean time.

Come Friday, Lizzie and the gang will be on their way to readers, full speed ahead on a new adventure. And that's what it's all about.

8 comments:

Moonsanity said...

I can't imagine how stressful that decision must have been for you, but I'm so glad you can release the book this month. I love the cover! I'll help with any promo you need-- I can send you 4-5 interview questions, and get the word out:)

Elie said...

OMGosh that is in like...3 days. I can help too if you need it! Drop me an email if you do
zenfoxflowerATyahooDOTcom

This is very exciting. Go Angie!

Jess Granger said...

Good luck Angie!

You know I'm pulling for you!

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Best of luck with the change of publisher. {Smile, cross figners hopefully}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Sharon S. said...

so sorry about the troubles, but I sure am glad it it coming out this Friday on the kindle :) One click and BAM! I am reading it. Really looking forward to it and thanks for getting it there early.

Angie Fox said...

Thanks! Hey, I figured why not? I have the book. There's no reason to wait.

And it was a tough decision to take it back, but I figure this way I at least know what's going on with the book.

MarnieColette said...

OMG - that was a difficult decision for you but I think that it is great that you are in control... I can't wait to Friday.

Bridget said...

Just wondering what happened to the e-book. It is not available at Amazon. Thanks.