Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You hear that? It's Lizzie!

As a reader, I know what characters look like and sound like. It's all in my head. And when a television, movie or audio version of the book comes along, it can throw me for a loop. So when they decided to do audio versions of the Accidental Demon Slayer books, I wasn't sure what to think. Casting would be crucial, that's for sure, because the entire story is told from our reluctant demon slayer's point of view.

I shouldn't have worried. The geniuses at Audio Realms got it right and then some. They cast the perfect Lizzie. She's straightforward, funny and even has a touch of a southern accent, perfect for playing the Atlanta-born demon slayer.

I also thought it was interesting that the second book will come out first. In fact, The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers is up now. The first 100 copies sold will be signed, limited-edition releases. And I'll bet it will come out as soon as I sign those copies. This week, I promise!

Then Audio Realms will be doing the re-release version of The Accidental Demon Slayer. Since I own the rights, I'm going back in to enrich the world and some of the characters. There won't be any story changes, just a lot of fun things I know now after writing the later books in the series. It should be pretty neat.

Incidentally, I'm also going to be replacing the current Kindle/Nook/Kobo/e-book versions of The Accidental Demon Slayer with the re-release, and a trade paperback will likely follow. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Sharon S. said...

look forward to that! I bet most authors would love to go back to the first books in their series and "expand". Glad you get the chance to :)

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

I'm glad it worked out so well for you. {SMILE}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin