Monday, January 3, 2011

Something Wicked welcomes Syrie James

Something Wicked would like to welcome Syrie James. She's just released a new book called Nocturne and we asked her to stop by and chat a bit about the story and how it came together. Thanks for joining us, Syrie!


Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be snowbound for days and fall deeply in love with a gorgeous, reclusive, fascinating man—only to find out he's a vampire? That's the premise of Nocturne. Nicole Whitcomb is caught in a blinding blizzard while driving through the Colorado Rockies, when her car tumbles into a ravine. She is saved from death by Michael Tyler, a smart, accomplished man who lives in a beautiful, secluded mountaintop home surrounded by forest. It's clear from the start that Michael has rescued and brought Nicole into his sanctuary reluctantly, but she can't help but be drawn to the kinder, gentler nature she glimpses beneath his initially gruff exterior.

Both Nicole and Michael are hiding secrets and running from past mistakes, and in each other they discover a kindred spirit. Their blossoming attraction turns to affection and then into a passionate, once-in-a-lifetime kind of love, a profoundly meaningful experience that is destined to change them both forever. But there are things about Michael's habits and lifestyle that mystify Nicole. The clues mount up, and when Nicole learns Michael's terrifying secret, she has nowhere run but into the blizzard raging outside, and Michael may be the only one who can save her life.

I love "good" vampires. I think a person who was a good-hearted human being is still going to be good-hearted after they've been changed—but they'll be a tortured soul, because they must drink blood to survive, an act that could kill an innocent human being. In Nocturne, Michael is just such a vampire. There's a reason he's sequestered himself in the Rockies, far away from people … a reason why he struggles so hard not to become involved with Nicole at first, even when he is falling deeply in love.

I was so enthralled by the story and characters that the tale poured out of me. This is one of the sexiest books I've ever written! An intelligent being who's lived for centuries should be well-read, highly skilled, and an expert at everything, don't you agree? Especially sex. Vampire sex should be the best sex a woman has ever had!

Do you believe in true love? Have you ever been attracted to a person that your friends or family thought was wrong for you? How would you feel if you were snowbound with and deeply attracted to a gorgeous, fascinating man, only to discover that he was a vampire? I look forward to your thoughts and comments!

2 comments:

Syrie James said...

Hi everyone! I'd love to chat with you about true love and vampires. You can read more about me and my books at www.syriejames.com, where I invite you to sign up for my newsletter and leave me a message. You can also follow me on Facebook and on Twitter @Syriejames. Happy New Year!

Sharon S. said...

This book has awesomesauce all over it . I believe in love at first site. When I saw my (now) husband across the foosball table from me. I thought he is going to be the father of my children. Within 10 months of our first date we were married :) this year will be 19 years. Sometimes you just know.
Now, if I was a single female I would so want to be in your lead female's place . I imagine a vampire would know...things ;)

I did only date guys that looked good on the arm (I hung out at the beach), but weren't the sharpest crayon in the box . I just wanted to have fun, not find a husband and they were a safe choice even though it drove my parents crazy. But they were all very kind.