Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday Winners and Angie's Greatest Fear

Happy Tuesday! The winner's of the Stephanie Rowe Kiss at Your Own Risk blog contest are Eileen and Sara M. Way to go! Just email me at angie @ angie fox.com and I'll get your information out to Stephanie.

As I write this today, I'm sitting with my feet propped up on our Wii Fit Board. Now I'm assuming it wasn't designed as a foot rest, but it sure makes a comfy one. Which brings me to the next issue. Is it a failed new year's resolution if you haven't started yet?

You see, our family got a Wii for Christmas and courtesy of an amazing Black Friday deal, the Fit Board came along with it. That was cool because I've been wanting one for awhile. I hear they're really neat and a great way to keep track of your progress. Of course that is the problem too - according to multiple reviews on Amazon, your little computer trainer is so good at monitoring your exercise habits that he actually taunts you.

So basically I'm afraid of the Wii. I can't get myself to start because I wonder what the little guy will have to say about my weight. Will he berate me for my cheese and cracker habit? I need those to write. The fit board tests for balance and tells you just how clumsy you are. I'm a Fox. Our entire family is full of klutzes. Do I need to be reminded? My uncle ran over our neighbor's mailbox on Christmas eve and it's still sitting next to a broken post out there. That's reminder enough. And what if I skip a few days? I have things to do. The computer trainer doesn't. He's just twiddling his thumbs, thinking of new ways to taunt me.

And so I wait. I prefer to think of it as more than procrastination. It's a standoff. And for now, I get a pretty nifty footrest.

8 comments:

Sharon S. said...

I think you need to cowboy up and teach that little trainer a thing or two . After all, you do hold all the power, literally, you can turn it off. Don't be afraid "Just Do It" .

unseelieme said...

...That little Wii guy?? He made my Mii pudgy! Agh. I do not look like that Mii! And yes, I stopped using it because it was upsetting to see a chubby Mii waddling about.

My advice, skip the nasty little dude & invest in Just Dance. Way more fun.

Sharon S. said...

we love Just Dance! The second one is a lot harder, but still fun :)

Angie Fox said...

Okay. Yes. See? I'd have a pudgy Mii too and that is just not something I want to think about right now! I have other things on my mind, like demon slayers and imp attacks. Really serious stuff, here.

Angie Fox said...

Yes! I love Just Dance. That also came with out system. The new one seems cool too, but I want to master this one first.

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Find out if there's some way to adjust this trainer's settings. A "mouth off" setting would be nice.

{half-smile} That's what I'd do if I had the thing. I have severe permanent vertigo. I don't need to be reminded that I'm not graceful. I'm quite aware enough of that already. {wink, Smile}

I'd rather think about demon slayers and imp attacks anyway. They sound much more interesting. {SMILE}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

P.S. I meant "mouth off" as opposed to "mouth on." I just realized that phrase has two opposite meanings. If I'd caught it earlier, I could have changed the phrase... {embarrassed Smile}

A.E.B.

Angie Fox said...

LOL Oh I know what you mean. And you're right -I'd rather think about imp attacks too. Hence the foot rest. I could turn off the volume maybe. But now that I hear it makes your little Wii avatar chubby, I don't want any part of that, either. I mean truly - that's just rubbing it in.