Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pepper's Got a Ticket to Ride


I won’t be blogging again until next Wednesday, so today is my only chance to remind you that next Tuesday, April 5, my newest book will hit the shelves.

"A Hard Day’s Fright" is the seventh book in the Pepper Martin mystery series and this time, Pepper isn’t looking for a murderer–she’s looking for a body so the ghost who belongs to it can rest in peace after 40 years of haunting.

Lucy Pasternak attended a Beatles concert in Cleveland in 1966. She ran up on stage, kissed Paul, started for home with her friends–and was never seen again.

That is, of course, until Pepper runs into her and finds out that she’s got to find Lucy’s body, a body that’s somehow been hidden all these years.

Of course, Pepper’s life is never simple. In addition to finding Lucy’s missing remains, Pepper’s got a "situation" at the cemetery where she works. Money is tight, budgets have been cut, and Pepper’s getting roped into everything from recycling paper to picking up cemetery trash. Not the best use of time for a girl of Pepper’s talent, and its making a mess of her manicure!

Then there’s Quinn . . .

Pepper’s on again/off again boyfriend is about to learn the lesson of his life in this book. I can’t tell you how many readers are still contacting me about the way he dumped Pepper in book #5. They want revenge! And I . . . I’ve found the best one possible!

It all adds up to another oddball, fast-paced, Pepper-y adventure. The only question is how is Pepper going to handle it all?

With a little help from her friends, of course!

4 comments:

Sharon S. said...

Yeah!!! Glad to know I am not the only one that wants to see Quinn get his butt handed to him . Can't wait to read this one.

SandyG265 said...

I'm looking foward to the new book.

Bev said...

Pre-ordered my copy last night. Can't wait to see what happens with Quinn.

Casey said...

Thanks, Sharon, Sandy and Bev! Let me know what you think after you read the book!