Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring break vampires

Happy Tuesday! I had to laugh at Shawntelle's post yesterday because we're doing the same thing over at our house - spring break! Although with all of the pandemonium, I'm still trying to figure out what part of it is a break. Ohhh! Maybe they mean breaking things around the house. In which case, I understand. We're already down a flower pot (my bad), a glass (still not sure who did that) and part of the banister (serenity now).

In the midst of it, my agent came up with this pretty neat idea. I have this novella that I wrote a few years ago for The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2. It's not part of any series, but a stand-alone story about a vampire princess who decides to rebel and runs into a hot Scottish supernatural bodyguard. Happens all the time, right? Well, since so many people have e-readers now, we're going to be posting Love Bites up on Amazon as a short story.

I just saw the cover this morning and it's really neat - my first vampire bite-y cover. When it's all approved and ready, I'll be sure to post it here. And while that is in the works, I'm polishing the story as well. There are a few things I want to change after looking at it again (Isn't that always the way?). Plus, a really good friend of mine who writes Scottish historicals (Kimberly Killion - look her up - she's awesome) sat down with me the other night to give our Scottish bodyguard a modern-yet-medieval brogue. He is about eight hundred years old, after all. I really should have done that the first time, because I like it so much better.

It's been a lot of fun - a great way to relax and do something different. So I suppose I'm taking a break this spring after all.

5 comments:

Shawntelle Madison said...

Nice! Nothing like a hot Scottish accent!

Can't wait to see the cover, Angie!

Casey said...

This sounds like fun, Angie! Can't wait to see the cover.

Stephanie said...

Hot Scottish Vampire. Lol. That's great!

Angie Fox said...

I like Scottish vampires. Just had to get that accent right. But I tell you, this is the perfect spring break project. I recommend smoking-hot vampires as a way to perk up any week.

Sharon S. said...

You had me at "Scottish bodyguard a modern-yet-medieval brogue" ;)

and like Casey, I can't wait to see the cover.