Monday, April 18, 2011

April Showers Bring Copy Edits!

Well, last week at my house was an adventure. And not in a good way! All three of my kids last week had the flu. They were out for an entire week. Which, of course, made working...interesting. My time pretty much amounted to dosing kiddos with meds and taking temperatures every couple of hours. Then I had to prepare meals and convince my kids that keeping up their fluids was a good thing. Not fun at all.

In some other much more pleasant news, my publication date got pushed from February 2012 to May 2012. Like any other author, it will be harder for me to wait for the launch of my first book, but there's a reason for the move. I'm moving from Del Rey, the sci-fi/fantasy imprint, to Ballantine Books, their mainstream line! Ballantine has thrillers, historical, paranormal romance, and much more! I'm thrilled about the move and can't wait to give you more details as I learn them!

My copy edits have also arrived as well! Basically, it's my printed manuscript that the copy editor has gone over and added corrections. It was quite fun to have the Fed-Ex man drop off a thick envelope and to find my manuscript inside. The copy editor had used a green pencil to mark her changes in the manuscript, so basically I have a chance now to read through the whole thing and accept her suggestions or mark STET to leave things as they written. Quite fun! (Well, for now anyway. I'm sure as I get in deeper I might not have so much fun!)

Has anything this month knocked you off kilter? Hope everyone is having a productive April so far!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats on your move!! May 2012 is going to be a great month for a new release! I'll be the first to pre-order. :) And yay for copy edits!