Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Romance trading cards - do you have 'em?




Happy news - I just finished the manuscript for The Monster MASH last night. This is the newest series about a group of supernatural MASH surgeons who work on the monsters. The one I just completed is the first book in the series and I'll be sure to update you here once I have a release date and such.

But what I really wanted to talk about today is this new phenomenon of romance trading cards. Have you seen them? They're everywhere lately and I think they're so neat. They're a great way to visualize different books and I just love getting them autographed. In fact, there's an entire website dedicated to them at www.romancetradingcards.com Our own lovely Shawntelle Madison set it up and did a fabulous job (as usual).

The new trading cards for the Accidental Demon Slayer series just came in and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. In fact, if you'd like a set, just post below between now and midnight on Monday, May 2!

11 comments:

Casey said...

I hadn't heard of the trading cards. What a great promotional idea! Are authors handing them out instead of things like bookmarks and postcards. And dang, I just got my newest batch of bookmarks delivered. I guess that makes me old-fashioned!

Jackie Uhrmacher said...

They look amazing! I'm a big dweeb, so I'm trying to collect everyone's.

skwilliams said...

I think romance trading cards are awesome! My only problem with them is I balk when thinking about making them for my book. I like not having an exact picture in mind of my characters. Then, they can look like anyone I or my readers want.

On the other hand, I can totally imagine having one for my MC, since I love the person my publisher came up with to look like her. :-)

Angie Fox said...

Yes, Casey. Authors sign them and give them out at conferences, book signings, online, etc. They're a lot of fun and there are readers out there who are bent on collecting them all.

Angie Fox said...

You know what? I thought about that too - how to picture characters. Pirate was easy - he's already on the covers. A lot of authors use cover art. I was forced to look through hundreds of photos of hot, bare-chested men to pick a Dimitri. Ah, what we do for our readers... ;)

Roger said...

Yes, would like a set of the trading cards. Think this is a great idea.

donnas said...

They look great. I would love a set. Going to try and collect as many as I can.

Lets Go Travel Kenya (Safaris) said...

Haven't heard of trading cards either..but it sure does sound like a great promotional idea!


Stopping by from Africa Blogs
Lets Go Safaris Kenya

Angie Fox said...

I'm also trying to collect as many different sets as I can. They're fun!

SandyG265 said...

I'd like a set. They're fun to collect.

Sharon S. said...

I've started collecting them! I think they are perfect since I know longer get pretty covers with my ebooks :( this way I have something tangible to show friends when I talk about books.