Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We're Gonna Party Like It's 1966

First things first . . . my thanks to Angie who volunteered to switch blogging days with me so I could be here today, the release day for Pepper Martin mystery #7, "A Hard Day’s Fright." As I mentioned last week, in "Fright," Pepper meets the ghost of a teenager who attended a Beatles concert in 1966–and was never seen again. It only seems natural that if we’re going to do a little contest, it be based on that year. So slip on your mini-skirt, tease your hair (unless you’re one of those cool girls who’s wearing hers long and straight) and get to work on these five questions about 1966. I’ll randomly choose a winner from the people who send me the right answers, and I’ll send out a copy of "A Hard Day’s Fright." Since you don’t want to post your answers where everyone can see them and copy them and not have to work to find them, send them to me privately at: casey@caseydaniels.com And post a note here on the blog telling me you entered. Good luck! Here goes: 1. In 1966, the president of the United Sates was ________________________________. 2. In 1966, the Best Movie Oscar went to ______________________________________. 3. Since "Fright" has a Beatles connection, we need a Beatles question. In August of ‘66, the Beatles released a legendary album called __________________________________. 4. In September of ‘66, a sci-fi TV show premiered to mixed reviews. It is now considered a classic. Its title ________________________________________________________. 5. In May of 1966, the Beatles released a single that shot to the top of the charts. Its title is especially appropriate here at Wicked Authors. That is __________________________.

21 comments:

Sharon S. said...

I like the last one . I am entered (of course) :)

Thanks for the chance.

readurr said...

Entered. Can't wait to read your new one!

Kathleen said...

I"ve e-mailed the answers. I'd love to catch up!

cyn209 said...

i've emailed you my answers!!!! hope they're correct!!
thanx for the giveaway & good luck to you on your new release!!!

Cynthia
cyn209@juno.com

SandyG265 said...

Looking foward to reading the new book. I sent you an email with the answers.

Arlene said...

Not sure I'm right, but it was fun, thanks

Toni said...

I entered.

Can't wait for the book =)

Sharon said...

I entered your contest. It was fun.
Sharon in Florida

Sharon said...

..oops used sshearouse1 email for the contest. I think I'm asleep. :)

Karen in Kentucky said...

I am entering!

pennyt said...

I couldn't resist trying to answer the questions, so I also sent you an answer (from my copper.net account) What a fun contest!! Thank you.

Rosie said...

Count me in . . . e-mail on the way. Thanks!!

Casey said...

I'm glad you're all having fun with my little contest. Will announce the winner next Wednesday, my usual blog day. That will give some late-comers a chance to enter!

dorothy said...

Entry is in... thank goodness for the internet, I was only 8 at the time...lol

CandyB said...

I'm so in!!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Casey said...

Rub it in, Dorothy!

Barbara E. said...

I've emailed my answers.

Lori said...

Just emailed my answers. Can't wait to read the new book!

mariska said...

Entered :)

Robin said...

I entered - thank you!

Robin D
Vancouver WA

stacey said...

I' Sent it 5 was the hard one was a good year for them.still not shur if I gave the right answer on that one.
sasluvbooks(at)yahoo(dot)com