Friday, May 13, 2011

New Cover & New Story


First of all, I am SO excited that I simply had to share my new cover! I just received the final cover for my July book, TOUCH IF YOU DARE, and I had to post it. I have had a lot of great covers, including the one for KISS AT YOUR OWN RISK, which came out in January, but I really think TOUCH IF YOU DARE is the best I've ever had. I don't know if it's the man, the sword, the colors, the swirling smoke, or the whole combination, but I just can't get enough of it!

I'm so sorry for my missed post last Friday, but I was in the midst of something exciting. I was writing a book that was MAGIC, and I couldn't be stopped! I've been on a long personal and professional journey for a while now, trying to get things aligned, and I've been making progress. And then, about a month ago, I got hurt and was laid up for a bit. After being cranky for a couple days, I decided to take this time to really focus on my writing. I started brainstorming a new story, a very emotional, character driven contemporary romance set in a small town in Maine. I've never written a story like that, but it was calling to me. And there, in the quiet of my injured time-out, this incredible story came to life. After a week of brainstorming, I started to write, and magic happened. Seventeen days later (this Monday), the story was written. It usuaally takes me six arduous months to write a book, and this took SEVENTEEN days that were effortless, beautiful, easy and a total joy. The end result is a beautiful as the journey, and I realize that, for the first time in my life, I have become the storyteller I was meant to be. Truly, it's a gift.

I'm in the midst of revisions, and then it will be off to my agent. I don't even need to wonder if she will like it. The magic is there, and she will know it too. I am so happy! What about you? Have you ever had magic happen?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh! Ms. Rowe :) I just got this ARC in my mail yesterday. I am reviewing it for loveromancepassion.com. *AND I am suppose to interview you! What a small world .

I am starting the book today :)

Stephanie Rowe said...

Oh, good, Sharon! I look forward to working with you! :) Enjoy (both the book AND the cover!) :)