Thursday, June 16, 2011

DucKon

It’s been a busy week! I’ve been getting ready to head out tomorrow for Schaumburg, Illinois and DucKon, a science fiction convention. It’s going to be great fun and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s wonderful having the opportunity to catch up on what’s happening with some of my “author buds” and chatting with readers, but I am going to be tired by the time I get home Monday.

Here’s why—I’m going to be on about seven panels over the course of the weekend and I take that responsibility seriously. The people who will be listening to these panels have not only spent good money to come to this conference, but they’re choosing to spend part of their conference time with me. That’s a big honor and I don’t want to let them down. I’d hate it if any of them walked away thinking it was a waste of their time or their money!

So off I go at around 6 a.m. tomorrow morning, armed with 120 bookmarks, a suitcase weighing sixty pounds (I don’t believe in traveling light…God forbid I’d want a specific pair of shoes or top only to find I’d left them at home!!!), and a head spinning about ways I can do my part to make sure everyone has a good time!!

I’ll let you know how it went next week!!

Best,
Shirley

P.S.
If you want to hear more about this subject, we touched on it during an interview I had with Gail Z. Martin on The Ghost in the Machine podcast.

No comments: