Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Computer Gods are Angry!

For a couple weeks, I’ve been trying–with no success–to give you a first look at the cover of my January release, “Wild, Wild Death.” Apparently, the publisher sent it in a format that doesn’t play well with whatever format it takes to plop the pic in this blog.

Well, I thought I'd finally outfoxed the gods of computer-land and had it all figured out, but I still can't get the pic to post! Anybody have any ideas? The cover came to me in pdf format, and I have been able to copy it and plunk it into a Word document. It shows there, just won't post here.

Hmmmm...

Take my word for it, it's a gorgeous cover, all done up in shades of reds and purples with Pepper at the center of it, dressed appropriately for her latest mission in skinny jeans, a tight T and her new, killer cowboy boots.

As for the book? Well, those of you who’ve read Pepper Martin mystery #7, “A Hard Day’s Fright,” know that these days, Pepper has a little extra time on her hands. She’s going to need it when she receives a ransom note. One of her friends has been kidnaped! And Pepper needs to dig up the bones of a long dead Wild West Show star and take them to New Mexico in order to get her friend back.

“Wild, Wild Death” is on sale January 3. Not a bad time of year for thinking about sunny New Mexico!

In the meantime, I'd love to share the cover. If anyone has any ideas how, let me know!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

like the sound of this one! Pepper digging up bones .
I use blogger and when I am putting up a post I can just click the "add pic" button and then browse to find the picture and BAM there it is. You might need to save the picture as a JPEG first. I am sure one of the other bloggers here can get it up if you send it to them...I would love to see it!

Angie Fox said...

Congrats on the upcoming release - what a cool idea, too. As far as getting the cover to load, I'm as stumped as you are. But I hope you figure it out soon, because we'd love to see it!

MarnieColette said...

Covert it to an image file. DO you have a converting program? If you have Acrobat standard you can export as a .jpg or .gif and then upload to blogger. You can try this online conversion program http://www.convertpdftoimage.com/


If it doesn't work still and you want to send it to me I can convert for you... I have all sorts of graphic converting programs. marniecolette @ gmail

Dying to see it.

Casey said...

Talk about the computer gods being angry!!!

Marnie, I tried to take you up on your generous offer of converting the pdg to a jpeg...but my email program says yours is not a valid email address.

Think somebody's trying to tell me something???