Monday, August 15, 2011

Coveted is out in the big world now

First of all, it's the first day of school for my kids! Yippee! I'll cheer for a while even though they already have Friday off from school (Yep, a day off from school on the first week already...) I have plans today to enjoy the silence while I finish working on my second book. While my kids have been getting summer out of their system, I've prepared myself to use my time alone productively. One would think I'd use it to write, but I'm thinking about doing research with some sci-fi romance novels from the 90s. (Shhh, don't tell my editor.)

Before I kicked them out of the nest, I mean before I sent my happy children off to school, I made them a nice breakfast. I even let them play the Wii for a while before getting on the bus. After hanging out together for so long, it was great to know they'd see their friends again and get back into the swing of school days. And I get to enjoy the silence. ;)

Not long after I posted on Monday, I saw a fun surprise! I checked the Random House website and there was COVETED in the catalog. Even cooler, I found COVETED on Amazon! My first book is available for pre-order and will come out April 24th next year! Woo hoo! I'm so excited. What I did know already was that when a book pops up on Amazon, it eventually appears on book review websites like Goodreads, Shelfari, and weRead. Whoa! It's so surreal. I will admit, it took a bit for me to process the fact that my book is out there and soon it will be on shelves... (If someone finds the Easy button, please pass it my way. I'll just have to settle for the one above.) This is just one more step forward in the process of publishing! I'm almost there.

Now that I'm enjoying my silence, what shall I dig into first: FIRESTAR by Kathleen Morgan, ASCENT TO THE STARS by Christine Michels, or another book by Kathleen Morgan CRYSTAL FIRE? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Does anyone else like sci-fi romance?

3 comments:

Angie Fox said...

Congrats, Shawntelle! On the new book and on getting those kiddos off to school. Mine start on Thursday. Where oh where did the summer go?

Sharon said...

Mine go back on the 25th. I can't wait to sit in my den in silence :) Congrats on the book!

Sandy Williams said...

Oh! Oh! Me! I love sci-fi romance! I constantly gush about Linnea Sinclair, who's always on my top five list of favorite authors. And there have been several new SFR authors on the scene these last few years that I've thoroughly enjoyed: Marcella Burnard. Jess Granger, and Sara Creasy (lighter on the romance).

I'm hoping to add my name to that list someday. Maybe next year I can find time to finish my SFR. :-)

And yay for being on Goodreads, Amazon, etc. That makes it all feel so real, right?