Monday, August 1, 2011

Hot Reads for a Hot August

It's August and to be honest, I can't wait for the weather here in Saint Louis to cool off. My favorite season is the fall--and the spring too. LOL There's nothing like a great breeze and 70 degree weather. A perfect time to be out on the patio to read or write. With near 100 degree weather I've found doing that rather difficult...

Things are going well with the second book in my series, KEPT. There's nothing like a road trip up New England to make a girl want to spend a weekend at a bed and breakfast. In the fall, that is. ;)

On to the fun stuff! Is it cold where you are? (Lucky!) Well, let me help you heat things up. I've got some great reads to give away. Next week, I'll pick two winners. One for each book. First of all, I have our own Stephanie Rowe's book TOUCH IF YOU DARE. I only stared at the cover long enough (very long) to make this important assessment: the dude on the cover is yummy! ;) Read an excerpt of this fabulous book here!

I also have Tamara Hogan's TASTE ME. It's about a rock star, who is a Siren, and her sex demon lover. That has wickedness written all over it! :D Learn more about TASTE ME here. You'll definitely enjoy either of these Sourcebooks titles. For each winner I have more Romance Trading Cards as well as a card to get a free Loveswept book! Learn more about the Loveswept line at Romance at Random. They launch on August 8th with titles from great authors such as Deb Dixon and Deborah Smith.

So, my question of the day is easy. What do you do to beat the heat of an endless summer? Any activities that you do outside with the kids without melting? :) I'm thinking I might need to take my kiddos to the water park this week to chill out. I'll let them swim while I sit under an umbrella with a good book. :D

12 comments:

Angie Fox said...

You know, I was just brainstorming that with a friend this morning - what to do that won't burn us to a crisp and that we haven't already done a half dozen times this summer. Hmmm..

Shawntelle Madison said...

Yeah, I'm tired of doing the same thing as well this summer. But most indoor places are packed with other families trying to avoid the heat!

SandyG265 said...

I don't have any kids but when my nieces are over I turn on the sprinkler for them. They never seem to get tired of running through it.

LadyDamonayde said...

since I work at a library I spend most of my day there reading and its so cold I have to wear a sweater! but when little man and I are home we spend a lot of time coloring and reading inside or hitting the local water park.

LadyDamonayde said...

since I work at a library I spend most of my day there reading and its so cold I have to wear a sweater! but when little man and I are home we spend a lot of time coloring and reading inside or hitting the local water park.

Christa C said...

We head to the beach for fun in the surf and sandy beach food! I live in Oregon so when the temps reach high 80's I think everyone goes into heat shock. :)

Stephanie Rowe said...

Wow! Thanks for giving away my book, Shawntelle! You're the best! And isn't that cover SMOKIN'??? I lerve it... :)

Jackie Uhrmacher said...

I sit inside with a cup of hot coffee and stare menacingly at the sun. Not even joking, lol. My poor son, who is almost four, will walk by, notice my glare, and mutter, "Mom, you crazy." : )

Tamara Hogan said...

Thanks for giving away my book, Shawntelle! (Doesn't Sourcebooks have the nummiest covers?!)

I don't have kids to consider, so when I get warm and have a free minute, I take a book into my screenporch with some raspberry iced tea.

Spav said...

I usually go to the movies early in the afternoon and then I take a walk around when the sun has gone down.

Sharon said...

I just got back from my Yellowstone trip (was nice weather up there!!) and there are all these wonderful contests on the blog .

I hate summer. There is nothing about it I like. The only way I can enjoy it is staying indoors, which is what I do. Soccer starts up at the end of the month and I will have to go outside :( Here is NC we don't get relief until the end of Sept.
Thanks for the chance to win a new book! I already have Stephanie's book :)

Tawanda said...

I think next week will start with the library in Copley Square, it has a nice children's section. Then take him to the aquarium. That should keep them busy for a minute.