Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Outsmarting the Cyber Gods

Don't you just hate it when you have to go through gyrations to make technology do what you want it to do?


For the last few weeks, I've been struggling to find a way to share the newest Pepper Martin mystery cover with you. I finally hit upon a solution. I printed the pdf file of the cover I received from my publisher, scanned it, saved it, and . . .


Well, we're about to see if it worked!


My apologies, the colors aren't as vibrant as they are in the "real" cover. But at least this gives you a taste.


As you might be able to guess, Pepper's not in Cleveland anymore! In fact, in "Wild, Wild Death," she's visiting New Mexico because a friend of hers has been kidnapped and the only way she can ransom him is to dig up the bones of a long-dead Native American and deliver them to the Great Southwest.


Those of you who have been reading this blog long enough know of my own adventures in New Mexico the last couple years. Does Pepper feel the same way about the high desert as I do? You'll have to read the book to know for sure. I can tell you that she's in love with those cowboy boots of hers, and with a handsome local police chief, too!


Now for the cover . . . drum roll, please!


4 comments:

Angie Fox said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, you techy babe, you. The colors on this cover are so great and I love how they've managed to deliver that gritty, Southwest theme while keeping that gothic flavor.

When does this book come out?

Casey said...

Wild, Wild Death will hit the shelves on January 3. And I promise a "real" pic of the cover as soon as I get one I can use!

Christa C said...

Love the cover and so excited for the release date! January 3rd is a loooong time but I'm a couple of books behind in the series so I'll be quickly caught up.

Thank you for a great character!

Sharon said...

Nice! I love the color choices (some of my favorites) I can't wait to see it in all its glory. What a great title, did you come up with it? And to switch gears again...local handsome police chief? Pepper needs some good lovin! ;)