Monday, September 26, 2011

ARCHON here I come!

This upcoming weekend I'll be in Collinsville, IL for ARCHON, a science fiction/fantasy convention for the St. Louis metro area. It will be held September 30th through October 2nd. I have a blast each year and this will be my first year presenting on some panels. Both of the panels are related to writing young adult books (since I write in the YA genre as well), but I'll definitely have some of my excerpt booklets on hand to give away. My two panels are all on Saturday with YA author Cole Gibsen: There's More To Paranormal YA Than Twilight and Crafting/Plotting Your Young Adult Book.

Angie Fox will be there as well. She has a lot of panels (The Critical First Five Pages, True Blood - Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, Witches, Shapeshifters, Demons, Werepanthers…What's next!?, Steampunk: Everything Old Is New Again!) and she'll also be signing on Friday September 30th at 3:50 p.m. in the Main Hallway. So if you're in the area come say hi to her and get your demon slayer books/gear signed.

I can't wait to attend another conference. I had so much fun in Atlanta with DragonCon (my first panel ever with Del Rey) and now I get to have some more fun again. (And well the shopping for books and other cool geekery never hurts...)

If you have a chance, I'd love to see you there as well. If you're in a Storm Trooper costume when I see you, I'll completely understand. :) Next week, I'll be sure to post some pictures and have a contest with some of the cool stuff I snagged.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

green with envy here in NC!! Will be looking forward to your post :)

Angie Fox said...

Archon is going to be so much fun. I can't wait. You know we're going to have to take lots of pictures for Sharon and the gang. :)

Sharon said...

yes, please! I love all the costumes people put together.