Monday, October 17, 2011

Werewolves are a Girl's Best Friend

This weekend was a non-stop whirlwind of activity. Wow! First of all, on Friday I got permission to reveal this beauty:


After waiting so long after announcing COVETED, it's so awesome to have a cover to add icing to the cake. And oh my what a lovely cake. If you'd like to learn more about how werewolves are a girl's best friend, feel free to add me to your Goodreads list.

Not long after my cover reveal I had to get to work. This weekend my RWA chapter hosted the awesome Debra Dixon for her Goal Motivation Conflict workshops. And let me tell you they were such a huge help. I'm plotting out my next two projects and thanks to Debra I moved full steam ahead. If you haven't heard of Debra Dixon, she's one of the publishers behind Belle Ridge Books as well as several fantastic titles including re-releases from Random House's Loveswept line.

I left the workshops a bit early to attend a super fun birthday party and then right after the birthday party the whole family went to a bonfire. Talk about getting up at 7 am and not even catching my breath until midnight. I played--and quickly lost at doubles in ping-pong and  The fire-roasted hot dogs and s'mores did make the night end on a high note though. ;)

Since I'm in such a good mood with the release of my cover, I'd love to give away some more goodies! (Cause we know Shawntelle always needs an excuse to get out of the house and go book shopping.

DEMONS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND by Linda Wisdom
L.A. CINDERELLA by Amanda Berry
And of course since I love RTC I'll toss a few of those little guys in there too! I might surprise you with some COVETED swag as well. Who knows?

Since my weekend was non-stop did anyone else actually have a quiet weekend? Can I borrow it for my next weekend?


14 comments:

GayleC said...

Busy weekend starting with a school trip on Friday, and our nine year old had a report project that required parental support. The project was about the Red Fox, which is from the canine family just like wolves. I've been following your progress with this book since Romance at Random interview, and its great to see the cover.

Kristin said...

Gorgeous cover! Can't wait to read Coveted!


Kristin
mybookishways(at)yahoo(dot)com

SandyG265 said...

My weekend wasn't quiet either. Saturday we went to watch my boyfriend's grandaughter play socer, had lunch and then played video games with the kids. On Sunday we went out for breakfast, went food shopping, watched football and took my Mom out for dinner.

Enjoyed the preview of the cover.

sgiden at verizon.net

Ruth said...

Love the cover. I don't think I'll have a quite weekend for at least the next 16 years. With 3 boys all wanting to play and go places it never stops, and don't forget shopping to keep the house running.

Ruth
ruthmarie94(at)yahoo(dot)com

Amanda Bonilla said...

Your cover is gorgeous! I can't wait to hold it in my hands. :D

Jackie Uhrmacher said...

You have a Random Cover Guy (c) cover! Love Paul Marron. Something about that chiseled jaw. ::drools:: It ensures I pick up the book, lol.

Blodeuedd said...

Mostly I did nothing ;) On Saturday dinner with my parents and bf tried to fix their computer. On Sunday dinner at his parents and all day went there so ok hectic in a way

blodeuedd1 at gmail dot com

Christa C said...

Fantastic cover! Would definitely catch my eye on the shelf and I can't wait to read it. Congrats!

carlsoncl70(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sharon said...

Congrats on the cover! Imagine how excited you will be to hold your book in your hands :)

I had to play soccer mom on Sat and Sun! Two games each day. Bleh! But, I am going to the NC State Fair tomorrow, I'm gonna eat some deep fried something :)

mariska said...

our weekend was at home..i was sick..my babies and hubby too..

by the way..the cover is Good :)

CrystalGB said...

Love the cover to Coveted. Always busy on weekends. Thanks for the giveaway.

Na said...

I love cover reveals and yours is fantastic! The colours blend together nicely and makes the details pop.

My weekend was quiet and peaceful. I got in lots of reading time :)
Cambonified [at] yahoo [dot] com

Brenda D. said...

The cover looks awesome. I have this on my wishlist. Werewolves are my favorite. Thank you for the giveaway! brendem7@comcast.net

SeaLionMama said...

Love werewolves and the cover! Adding this to my TBR pile

Gladys@sealionbooks.com