Friday, November 11, 2011

The Girl Friend's Guide to Boys--Which Covers Do You Like Best?


In 2004, after writing eighteen complete books, nine partials and after receiving over 130 rejections, I finally wrote the book that opened the door to the world of being a published author. My teen romance, PUTTING BOYS ON THE LEDGE was the culmination of years of hard work, failure and determination. It was that moment when I finally created that magic that I'd been working toward for so long, when I finally wrote a book that was so beautiful that it made my heart sing, the book that finally got a publisher to make my dreams come true. It was my triumph, and my pride, and it always has been.


Several month ago, I went back and reread PUTTING BOYS ON THE LEDGE, and I blown away by how good it was. It's seven years later, and I'm such a better writer than I was back then, so I was expecting to see that it wasn't that strong. But you know? It was still magic, it was still amazing and my heart was delighting in the adventures of four friends, as if I were reading it for the first time. There was something really amazing and sepcial about that story, and about that series, and if I wrote it today, I doubt I could write something as special as that book, as that series. Two of the four books in the series were RITA award finalists, winning those slots against adult books, because they were that special... and they still are.


These books, this series about four best friends as they find first love and navigate through high school, is the kind of romance we read as teens. It's sweet, it's heartwearming, it is the true magic of that first kiss. It's about honestly and loyalty, and it's about learning to discover the power within each of us. I call them my girl power books, because they're about how amazing and how special every girl is inside, no matter how different she feels she is from everyone else.


So, it is with the most tremendous excitment that we are relaunching this series as ebooks, under Stephanie Rowe, my real name. They were published before the days of ebooks, and their print shelf life is long gone. I still get emails from girls who find them in libraries, and they want to know how to find the rest of the series. And now, they can. You can. Everyone can. Yay!


Take a minute. Read one of these books. Be transported back to the magical days of first love, first kisses, and friends that take you to buy your first thong. Share these books with the teens in your life who are tired of the books otu there today, the ones that are so dark and full of the violence, drugs and sex. Help the teens you know discover that a wonderful book can empower them, and make them feel good at the end.

So, which covers do you like best? The 2004 Stephie Davis covers, or the 2011 Stephanie Rowe covers? Let me know!

Interested? Follow the links below to take a peek! Excerpts will be up on my website shortly!

Putting Boys on the Ledge Amazon, B&N
Studying Boys, Amazon, B&N
Who Needs Boys, Amazon, B&N
Smart Boys & Fast Girls, Amazon, B&N

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Well, you know how I feel about them ;) I like the new updated versions. I love the humor in all the books. They will leave with a smile on your face and in your heart! congrats Stephanie!

Stephanie Rowe said...

Hi Sharon! You are such a supporter. I love you!

Unknown said...

I like the first two as the new ones and the second two as the old ones.