Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We need a book Friday


Is anybody else a Black Friday shopper? I am. Sort of.

I love the deals and the crowds. I love the holiday music and spending a day getting a jump on shopping. The only problem is that it starts so early. 3:00 a.m.? 5:00 a.m.? Hmm...I get the concept of showing up super early at Target or the mall, but can't quite make it there in real life.

Still, I pour through the ads. I think of what I'd do if I was motivated enough get there early. Then I sleep in and show up at around 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. It's still early (sort of). It's still fun (yay) and all of the basic sales are still going on.

Now if bookstores had big Black Friday sales...that might be different.

5 comments:

Bev said...

I would love to see bookstores do Black Friday sales!

Angie Fox said...

I wonder why they don't. Books are a great stocking suffer. And it would be a neat way for independents to compete with the bigger stores.

Sharon said...

I have become a Cyber Monday shopper! I probably do 80% of my shopping online. So much easier and with free shipping you can't beat it.

Angie Fox said...

Oh no kidding? Who is offering free shipping on Monday?

Sharon said...

I don't know yet! But most online retailers will be offering it. When you find a store you want to shop at, google online coupons for it first. You will be surprised what you will find.

I just ordered a pottery wheel for my daughter from MindGames, I googled coupons and found a 20% off one for Mindgames. Always look for coupons before ordering online!