Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let the reindeer games begin

Hey all, I'm writing to you from the sweetest smelling house on the block. We're into full holiday baking mode here at Chez Fox. My husband thinks it's a reaction to a big book deadline coming up, but I told him not to analyze too much, lest his sugary treat supply is interrupted. Haven't heard a peep since.

Sure, I'm working to finish the second Monster MASH book, but creativity takes on many forms. We're baking our family favorites, and then other goodies just because they're fun to look at - and to eat.

Like how about those reindeer cupcakes? I saw this picture and have to try to make them. The only thing I can't figure out is the googly eyes. Marshmallows? Icing? Hmm...

Is everyone else baking this year? If so, what are you making?

4 comments:

Casey said...

When I bake, I eat. So I make it a rule: never bake. Of course, I am helped in keeping this pledge because my son is an insulin-dependent diabetic. I've never wanted to have things around here tempting him. And doesn't it figure...he's now dating a girl who is a mighty fine baker! Who says the Universe doesn't have a warped sense of humor!

Brenda Hyde said...

Those are adorable-- I'll bet they use a dot of icing and then let it harden and dot it with a teeny dot of melted chocolate.

I bake cookies and bread...I LOVE baking. I haven't decided which recipes yet. I'll probably start baking next week. I also love dips-- of all kinds-cheese, beef dips etc. If it can be dipped into I love it. *snicker*

Lexi said...

Yes, adorable! My daughter would really love them...now I have to figure out how to do it. Looks like marshmallows with dark frosting....
I love baking, can't wait to start Christmas baking!

Sharon said...

I can't cook in general, but I can make gingerbread cookies. I use the Martha Stewart recipe. They are fabulous (when I don't burn them). I also make no bake cookies and try to make shortbread cookies that I cover in Ghiradeli (sp) dark chocolate :)