Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

How was everyone's New Year's celebrations? Fun I hope! I spent New Year's eve with family friends. We had a great dinner and played card games and such. Would you believe I played Zombie Fluxx? It was hard to get at first, but after a few hands it was rather fun! You basically have a deck with action, goals, and lots of zombies. Some cards give you goals in order to win. Other cards tell you actions you must do for every turn like pick a certain number of cards, swap cards with others, and more. I personally like the keeper cards! Naturally you have the can of gasoline, the bat, sandwiches, and a chainsaw! (I mean what else would you need during the zombie apocalypse--other than a sandwich?)

When the clock struck midnight we toasted the New Year with champagne and had french silk pie for dessert. (OMG I heart French silk pie.) Overall, it was a great night.

For those interested, I do have a giveaway going on over at Magic & Mayhem Writers for Nadia Lee's THE LAST SLAYER. I'm picking a winner on Wednesday if you're interested. Just leave a comment there.

So, I'd love to know what everyone did for New Year's. On most years I hung out at home and watched The Twilight Zone marathon on the SyFy channel with my family.


3 comments:

Sandy Williams said...

I played Zombie Fluxx once before! I'd never played a Fluxx game, and I thought it was a fun, easy to learn game.

Glad you had a great New Year's!

Amanda Bonilla said...

I had a nice, quiet New Year's Eve curled up with a book. :)

SandyG265 said...

We just stayed home.