So…how’s everyone doing with those pesky New Year’s resolutions??? Or did you make any this year? Personally I decided to do something different this year for two reasons—1. I very seldom follow through with my resolutions, and 2. I thought of a friend’s favorite saying…”it’s never a mistake as long as you learn something.” As a result instead of making a list of what I will do, I’ve made a list of what I won’t do! Things that taught me a lesson or mistakes that I don't want to repeat.
Here’s some of the top ones:
1. I will not pressure wash my house. (If you remember the post about it, that cleaning project led to repainting my entire house!)
2. I will not attempt to make petit fours and decorate them two days before Christmas. (Don’t ask!)
3. I won’t waste my time thinking about “if only’s" (ie. “if only this would happen”; “if only that would happen”).
4. I won’t offer advice to my grown children unless solicited. (It seems this past year, I’ve started out a lot of my sentences with the words, “if I were you.” They haven’t complained, but they’ve got to be getting sick of it by now—I know I am! *g*)
5. Along with #3, I won’t ignore the small things that make me happy. (Favorite quote: “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.”—Robert Brault)
And last but not least,
6. I won’t wait until the middle of May to finish the next “Jess” book!!! (the deadline is July!)
I don’t know—maybe following through with a list of “things I won’t do” is going to be just as hard as following through with a list of “things I will do”! Maybe 2013’s will contain only one entry…”I won’t make lists!”
One last thing—I need to announce the winners of the SHADOW TALES gift certificates! Diane P. and Barbara E.! Let me know 1. If you have a Nook or a Kindle; and 2. Your email address. Send that information to me at Shirley@shirleydamsgaard.com and I’ll send your gift certificates.
That’s all for this week—I hope 2012 brings much joy and success to everyone! See you next week.