Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It Was Twenty Years Ago Today . . .






OK, so not exactly 20 years. Not today, anyway.


Actually, it was 20 years in January since I published my first book.


Just writing that makes me sit back and think, "Wow." Like all anniversaries, for me, this is a time of reflection. What have I done in 20 years? Well, it goes something like this:


I’ve written and published


10 historical romances


4 contemporary single-title romances


4 category romances


7 YA novels


1 children’s book


5 Cooking Class mysteries


8 Pepper Martin mysteries


1 Button Box mystery
 
Whew! No wonder I’m so tired most of the time!


Which doesn’t mean I’m ready to slow down. The next Button Box mystery ("Hot Button") will be out in June and Pepper Martin #9 ("Supernatural Born Killers") will be a September release. I’m currently working on "Panic Button" and as I mentioned a while back, I’ve got a new series starting soon. I also have news about another sale that I’ll talk about once all the details are hammered out.


Publishing today looks nothing like publishing 20 years ago. Then, we never dreamed of e-rights or e-books or the kind of self-publishing that’s so common now. But one thing remains the same: telling stories. And hey, getting paid for it!


All in all, it’s a pretty darned good way to make a living.

6 comments:

Brenda Hyde said...

That is an amazing amount of writing in 20 years. Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you come up with in the NEXT 20 years:)

Casey said...

You know, Brenda, my first reaction was YIKES! But I never see myself retiring. I guess I still will be writing in 20 years!

Angie Fox said...

Dang. Congrats! That's a lot of work. I'm tired from just reading you list. Maybe it's time to sit down with a book...

Sharon said...

amazing accomplishments! Here is to 20 more :)

Bev said...

Happy Anniversary! Pepper Martin is one of my favorites and I'm looking forward to reading more of the Button Holed series.

kevin21 said...

Tory Burch Boots So long as through observes the spot which the shoe sole wears, may know that body's center of gravity fell in where. Will hold down the full tendon, the calf and the anklebone place will feel that the ache will make an effort slightly with the thumb when will hold back the full tendon, the calf and the anklebone place, if hurts to calls to make noise, then the showing question was already serious Tory Burch Flip Flops.
Becomes when the right angle stands jeu76ch, the knee inward shrinks stands in the room corner, the buttocks sticks to the corner wall surface, the leg separates. Let the Tory Burch Flats and about two walls parallel, assumes 90o to stand separately. When the back launches, the waist relaxes when sinks, the knee to the inside shrinks, then explained that full bow muscle's support ability is weak. However the stars each time can leave the mirror by the different modelling, but their shoes shoe and so on matches plays the part of actually throughout insists "the usability" the principle, therefore we will see some pair of shoes will become on the star foot "the patron Tory Burch Sandals".