Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Winner: Buffalo Chicken Crack Dip

Happy Monday, everyone!

Did you catch the Super Bowl? Wow, that was a nail biter until the last seconds! But a great game overall. Not a lot of interceptions or craziness like in a lot of games. I'm not a NY Giants fan, but congratulations to them! ;)

For the Super Bowl party my family attended, we were in charge of the fruit tray and nacho dip. Getting the tray was the easy part. You can pick up any of those at decent-sized store. For the chip dip, I wanted something fun. Memories of Bunco night with other moms reminded me of an all-time addicting favorite: Buffalo Chicken "Crack" Dip. And there is a reason why it's referred to as a crack dip. There is just something addictive about the taste. I don't know what ingredient makes it so evil!

Normally, I make this dish in a glass pan, but I needed to keep it warm over the party so I used my crock pot. At first, I was concerned that folks might prefer salsa or something less hot, but as we prepared to go home I noticed there wasn't much left at all. :D (Which I didn't save because I knew I'd eat it later!)

So what recipe did I use for my crock pot winner?

I got this recipe from food.com and made a tiny change or two.

3 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts Chopped and Shredded (You can use canned chicken.)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1 1/2 8oz packages of cream cheese (I used Philly fat free.)
1/4 cup hot sauce
2 pinches of cayenne pepper
1 cup shredded cheese

Mix all the ingredients together. It will look quite mushy. Add them to the crock pot and set it on low for two and a half hours. It will melt into gooey happiness.

In the beginning, I set it on low for an hour, but as the time got closer to when we should leave, I set it on high and added a layer of cheese on top.

So what food did you eat on Super Bowl night? Anything yummy? Toss ideas my way for next year.

Note: I haven't heard from last week's winners: Linda Henderson - The Dragon and the Pearl and Simply Kayla - The Paris Affair. I'll be giving you some Coveted Swag as well so shoot me an email!

3 comments:

Amanda Bonilla said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this someday! :)

Sandy Williams said...

Woah, that's sounds delicious! I'm bookmarking the recipe so I can try it at the next get together.

Shawntelle Madison said...

It's so good! And eeee-vil!