Monday, March 12, 2012

Circadian Rhythm and Spring Forward

Happy--I think, Monday, everyone.

Yesterday morning, here in the US and several other countries, we experienced spring forward. Which is basically Daylight Savings Time. We get to experience the joy of setting our clocks forward an hour after 2:00 am on Sunday. As a parent, I really don't like Daylight Savings Time. It makes it difficult to get my kids up in the morning and all day yesterday I felt tired as my body adjusted it's circadian rhythm. Adjusting all the clocks in the house that weren't computers wasn't exactly fun either. I've read there are even psychological effects from such time changes and that adjustments can be made doing some light exercise and changes the clocks early on Saturday. (I wonder if I'll even remember to do that next year.)

But there is one thing that hasn't changed and makes me feel like an alien. Changing the time on the clock does not affect when my body "wakes" up. For the past couple of years, I haven't needed an alarm clock. My husband can count on his hand the number of times I needed to be told to wake up. Which I find kinda creepy. LOL

Case in point: Even though it was 5:45 am (the old time), I still woke up, had a "feeling it was time to get up," got up and glanced at the clock. It was 6:45 am (the new time). It really was time to get up and my body adjusted just fine. (Somebody start the Twilight Zone music please...)

Now if I am an alien, I'd like to be picked up in the mothership by Gerard Butler, Brad Pitt, and Ryan Reynolds. Their alien spacesuits better be form fitting please. :D

Is there anyone else like me who doesn't need an alarm clock anymore? I know I'm a hardcore morning person, but I hoped I wasn't that hardcore.

Are you interested in a giveaway for the new YA release, KATANA by Cole Gibsen? It was signed by Cole. Over on the Magic & Mayhem blog I'm giving away a copy. Just leave a comment there to enter by Wednesday.

Note: I haven't heard from the winners for the Book Signing Giveaway on January 23rd: Linda Henderson - The Dragon and the Pearl and Simply Kayla - The Paris Affair. I'll be giving you some Coveted Swag as well so shoot me an email! I don't want to give your copies away, ladies.

3 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I'm always looking for new authors to try.
sgiden at verizon.net

Ben said...

I can't even imagine not needing an alarm clock.

alainala said...

i have to say, i cant miss daylight savings time... i recently moved to saskatchewan (canada).. we do not do that here...
and i usually dont need an alarm clock... every once in awhile though i wake up at like 4 am.. and just end up going back to sleep when its time to get up..