Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Once Upon a Time . . .







. . .a very long time ago, I began my career writing historical romance.




My very first book, "Twilight Secrets" (written as Constance Laux) was published 20 years ago.




Now, I’m happy to announce that the e-book version is being offered exclusively on Amazon Kindle.



Why historicals?


Well, I’ll be the first to admit, I’m a sucker for Victorian England. And that’s when "Twilight Secrets" is set. It’s all about a ravishing young singer trapped in the dank music halls of London and the handsome (of course!) British Army officer who captures her heart.


Wild and reckless love? You bet! There’s adventure, too, and scandal, and heart warming romance. There is also a big dose of mystery in the book. In fact, I’m proud to say that "Twilight Secrets" features my first (fictional, of course) murder.

In the coming weeks, 10 more of my backlist books will be released for Kindle. Join me in spreading the word! Twenty years ago when "Twilight Secrets" was first published, I couldn’t have imagined digital publishing. These days, even though I’m a Kindle Fire owner myself, I’m still amazed at the impact e-books are having on the market.



It’s a brave new world. And I’m thrilled to be along for the ride!


This is the original cover from the long-ago paperback.

2 comments:

Angie Fox said...

Oh that is so very cool. I love how books are coming back on Kindle - especially early editions like that. Congrats!

Sharon said...

it allows updated covers too, and no matter what people say, they do judge a book by its cover.