Monday, May 21, 2012

Not Ready for Summer


Happy Monday, everyone! I was missing in action last week since things didn't go as I planned! A cold slowed me down and made working quite difficult. But I'm back in the game and working hard to catch up on things.

I've got something fun to share today! A deleted scene from Coveted! Back when I was writing the story before it sold to Random House, I often gave into the muse to go whatever direction I wanted to write. A few times I let go and the scenes in this document are the result of my  "Oh, look, that's shiny" moment. For those of you who have read Coveted, you'll like the outcome of this outtake. ;) If you haven't read Coveted yet, check out this two chapter excerpt.

Deleted Scenes from Coveted by Shawntelle Madison

Now that I'm heading back to work, of course my kids' last day of school is today. I'm already in mourning and preparing for battle. My quiet days working on my source code have come to an end and soon I'll be fighting for words and trying to keep the kiddos from fighting from each other. Anybody got any chocolate to share?

I am trying to think of the positives: I can sleep in during the mornings, I can take the kids to cool places like the zoo and such, and I get a break from making sack lunches. ;)

In terms of my writing, I have two ideas I'm plotting out right now--which means I'll be back at the computer again soon, pounding away at the keyboard to bring a story to life. I've got some cool ideas and I hope to be able to share them with you soon.

There's several giveaways for Coveted going on:

On Goodreads you can win one of 30 copies! Enter before the contest ends on the 23rd.

I'm participating in Romance at Random's Diamond Jubliee Blog Hop. Stop by my blog to enter to win one of 5 copies of Coveted.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: