Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Celebrating!



I’m celebrating today. You see, yesterday, my newest book, “Hot Button,” hit store and cyber shelves.

“Hot Button” is book #2 in the Button Box mystery series featuring antique button expert Josie Giancola and her Chicago brownstone shop, the Button Box. I write these books as Kylie Logan.

In this adventure, Josie’s got plenty to keep her busy. She’s chairing a convention for button collectors and things aren’t going well. Equipment is malfunctioning. Things are going missing. And the guest of honor . . . well, it doesn’t take Josie five minutes after picking up Thad Wyant at the airport to realize that her guest of honor is going to be a royal pain.

But then Thad is found murdered. And his historic Geronimo button is nowhere to be found. Considering how many enemies he’s made in the small and peculiar world of button collecting, Josie’s going to have to act fast to find the killer...before she becomes history herself!


I’ve got copies of “Hot Button” to give away (US only, please...I broke my ankle over the weekend and getting to the post office is pretty impossible). Let’s start this week by giving away one book. Just leave a comment and tell me something about buttons. Did you play with your grandmother’s button collection as a child? Have a piece of clothing with special buttons? Do you carry a button for good luck? I’ll choose a winner from the comments that are left.

Forgot to mention this when I originally posted...

Donna MacMeans, who guested here on the blog last week, has chosen a winner of "Casanova Code."  It's Tee.  Tee, you can email Donna at:
dmacmeans@wowway.com to claim your prize!

11 comments:

SandyG265 said...

Sorry about your ankle. When I was a kid I used to go downtown with my Mom to a button store. It was a little hole in the wall place with shelves of little boxes on each wall. Each box had a button on the front so you could see what was in the box.

Unknown said...

Sorry you broke your ankle-I guess that is what they mean when they say"I fought the lawn and the lawn won" (Sorry-couldn't resist.
Anyway- I have an antque button pin my best friend from way back gave me. Pretty mother of pearl with flowers in it. I love wearing it and thinking of her (Which is why I had you sign Buttonholed when you were in AA). Hope you're feeling better today.

Unknown said...

Sorry- I made that last comment about hte antique button-I can be reached at fannonlibcoop@gmail.com

Rebe said...

So sorry to hear about your ankle!

When I was a pre-teen I borrowed one of my Mom's Janette Oaks books (fortunately her Janette Oaks period passed quickly - I'm afraid I'm not a fan of inspirationals) and there was a scene where a baby swallows a button and starts choking on it. Ugh. I had nightmares about that for weeks!

Casey said...

Thanks, all, for the ankle good wishes. The plaster cast came off yesterday and I'm in an air cast now (one of those Frankenstein boots). It's so much better. No more hopping on one foot while balancing on the walker. Hurray for progress!

Reneec23 said...

Hope your ankle heals quickly! I don't have any button stories, but it does seem to me that every time I dig through a drawer anywhere in the house I find a button!

Barbara E. said...

My mother had a button collection in a tin container. I loved to sift through it looking for unusual buttons. I have a small collection, but nothing like my mother's. Mine are mostly those extra buttons that come with some blouses these days.
Hope your ankle heals quickly and you're up and around in no time!

cyn209 said...

here's to an easy-breezy-speedy recovery!!!

thank you for this giveaway!!!

when i was a kid, we had a button box......now i wonder where it is!! i have to ask my mother!!!! i remember going thru the box with my hands & feeling the buttons fall thru my fingers!!!! & also remembering looking at each button like it was a piece of art!!!!!

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Congratulations on the new release, Casey! Best wishes and much success! Hope you also have a speedy recovery on that broken ankle!

Hope72983 said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope you're on the road to recovery!

When I was little, I had 3 buttons that I made my mom take off one outfit and replace on another for like 5 or 6 seasons. They were small, very detailed flowers that came on a dress that I wore all the time. I think I finally had her put them inside a jean jacket pocket!

BW said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle!

Don't really have any button stories. I kinda remember playing with a jar of buttons and what nots when I was real young at my grandmother's house.