Monday, August 13, 2012

Big Plans to Do Nothing

Okay, the post title is just a wish! When the Madison household clears out this week for school, I'd originally planned to zone out and stare at the wall. (Can't do that though.) My youngest is heading off to kindergarten so I told myself I'd do all the elaborate things I've always wanted to do but couldn't for the past ten years.

TOP FIVE THINGS TO DO

1. Take a nap longer than 3 hours. (Replace underlined word with "going shopping", going to the dentist, eating pie, eating cake etc.)
2. Make plans for lunch....that include alcoholic refreshments if desired.
3. Dance through the house like Tom Cruise in Risky Business. For as long as I want.
4. Go through the drive thru at Dairy Queen in the morning...and then again in the afternoon. All by myself.
5. Do a 5 hour marathon of the movie Thor. Pause repeatedly on that particular shirtless scene. Pause. Rewind. Pause. Rewind. Long Pause.

So, now that I'll have the day to myself, other than writing, what fun things should I do? I'd love to go shopping and just browse. You know, check out stuff that is too expensive to buy, but hey, I look snazzy enough to buy it. If home is too distracting to work, I can spend the day at the library or the local Bread Company (and eat).

Now on to the fun part! Two weeks ago I announced a contest for some books I snagged from RWA. I went to Random.org and the lucky winner of the RWA book stash is #1 Jordan! Jordan if you could shoot me a message with your address I'll mail the goods! Thanks to everyone who entered!

1 comment:

Sharon Stogner said...

I had a party (in my head) when my second child went to kindergarten. It was the first time in 10 years I had been alone! After I dropped her off I went to Lowes Home Improvement and wandered the isles for 3 hours!! just looking... enjoy!