Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back From Bouchercon!

You've been to conferences.  You know the drill.

There's the registration, the anticipation, the packing, the travel.  There's the excitement of participating in great panels, luncheons, signings.

And then there's the exhaustion!

After a weekend at Bouchercon, the World Mystery Convention, I'm still at the exhaustion stage, but I wanted to share some of the highlights.

Two panels, one fabulous luncheon sponsored by the Cuyahoga County Public Library, Sisters in Crime and Berkley Prime Crime, dinner with Robin Cook who has written so many wonderful medical thrillers, meeting wonderful, enthusiastic readers, talking to my editor and fellow writers . . . it was all good stuff.

Here are some pics.

This one was taken after our Friday Cozy in Cleveland luncheon.  That's me (third from left) along with fellow Northeast Ohio SinC members Shelley Costa, Irma Baker and Amanda Flower.  And that wonderful background?  We were in an old bank in Cleveland.  Isn't it fabulous?


My alter-ego, Kylie Logan, agreed to participate in the B'Con craft room.  For one hour on Saturday, I was supposed to teach a class related to my Button Box mysteries.  To say I was nervous was putting it mildly!  I'm no Martha Stewart, and I'm not especially crafty, but I came up with these button bracelets and the ladies in my class had a fabulous time.  They all had wonderful sense of color and made gorgeous bracelets.  The best part was that many of the buttons came from the collection of my Aunt Helen who died last year.  Everyone said they'd think about her each time they wore their bracelets.  What a nice way to keep memories alive!




Opening ceremonies were held at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.  A great place to mingle with fellow writers and chat with fans.

4 comments:

Angie Fox said...

Oh how fun! The St. Louis Bouchercon was my first (and only) and it was a great time. Love the button bracelets!

Casey said...

Next year B'Con is in Albany. A long drive, but I'm sure I'll be going. Great fun, and lots of work.

BW said...

Wish I went this year! So close to my home.

Dru's Book Musings Blog had a nice write up on Boucheron and even mentioned you and your alter ego Kylie.

Sharon Stogner said...

those button bracelets are cute! great idea for a craft.