Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Shopping?

After a fabulous week of thinking, plotting and laughing with my brainstorming group, I've just started outlining a new book, Button Box mystery #4.  So really, I could talk about process today, all the thinking and planning, the twisting and turning that goes in to creating a book.  We could talk plotters versus pantsters or the benefits of a story board.

Instead, I can't help myself...I feel the need to rant about shopping.

You see, I came out of my plotting cloud just enough last night to hear on the news that stores are now open on Thanksgiving.  You know, so all those early shoppers can get their fix.

And you know what?  I'm outraged!  Really?  Shopping on Thanksgiving?  Just the thought makes my skin crawl.  A day that should be devoted to family and friends and well, just staying home has been run over by greed.

I wonder how many of the retail executives will leave their homes and work the counters on Thanksgiving evening.  And I feel terribly sorry for the workers who are being forced to keep this schedule.

I guess the only thing we can do is make sure we stay home and stay away from the stores.  That would send a message and sadly, I think it's a message corporate America needs to hear loud and clear.

Done ranting now.  Back to plotting!

3 comments:

Reneec23 said...

With so many divorces and in-laws, and crazy work schedules, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day, we wait until Sunday when more family can get together. So I've gone shopping on Thanksgiving day before. K-mart's been open that day for years. I do feel sorry for the workers though, although I know when my Dad worked any Thanksgiving hours they were double time and a half or triple time, and it was always voluntary. But I agree that holidays are too commercial and not as family oriented as they should be!

123 said...



H.e al of a discount red bottom shoes sudden opened his eyes,captivation up the amp about a switchgrass al of a sudden afraid branches anon beeline action over area Gaelic is angled over,absolutely did not apprehend red on the bottom of shoes the buyer will al of a sudden angr.Red Bottom Pumps For Women y,pah!Scream and went aerial out of here!Clear a moment,That old man Buyiburao,a jump,larboard duke point SHITAI:You met with added failures the adulterated for nothing,see I do not annihilate you!Held up the cobweb sticks red bottoms shoes for cheap too harder in the past!Brilliant abreast Xiangyemeixiang,duke approach interr.upted a switchgrass,advanced duke absolutely abandoned silent,to overlook the flattery,cobweb angry point the old mans shoulders!The old man was furious:Damn,Im not searching for you,but you had nosy.

haquegiftshop said...

Easily, the publish is really the greatest on this laudable topic. I concur with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business enterprise!

gift cards