Monday, March 11, 2013

Senshi Booksigning and Japanese Drinking Games

I had a fun weekend! On Saturday, I attended Cole Gibsen's booksigning for SENSHI, the second book in her Katana series. The weather outside was fabulous, a perfect day to head to historic St. Charles, Missouri Main Street and visit Main Street Books. I'd never been there before and got a fun introduction to the area. I'd actually gone on a day when there was a parade too! (Perfect, huh?) All the shops were open and I got a chance to browse.

Cole's signing was so much fun! Besides snagging two books, one for myself and one for one of you guys, I got a chance to meet the geikos from Three Rivers Okiya. They chatted with everyone, offered us a performance, and introduced us to some Japanese drinking games (minus the liquor).


Here's Cole signing her book.


Three Rivers Okiya performing the Maiko and Geisha

I was quite sober and I still lost.
I don't remember the name of the song, the geiko sang, but she sang it in a manner similar to Row, Row, Row, Your Boat. I watched while she played a game with Cole's brother. It looked so fun! Basically, two participants sit across from each other. A ball is placed within their reach on a table or other surface. The game is played by each person tapping the ball back and forth. If someone happens to pick up the ball, the other person must tap the table with their fist. Either person can surprise the other by grabbing the ball. I thought I would quickly get the hang of it. Nope. Each time someone loses they would take a drink. In other words, if this was really going on I'd be in big trouble! LOL.

Want to win a signed copy of SENSHI? Just answer the fun question of the day: Have you participated in a drinking game before? :D Or maybe my alcohol-free version? Know of any fun ones if you've never participated in one before?

a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

Jordan Erika said...

I think my absolute favorite is when my friends and I have added drinking conditions to board games. How easily you can go from drinking nothing to having to take 5 in a turn if your luck changes. Lots of fun.

Walt Mussell said...

As boring as this may be, I don't think I have before.

CYP @ A Bookalicious Story said...

Haha sounds fun! But I'm still 17 going on 18 this year, so so far my parents haven't allowed me to play any of those kind of games yet. Tho they do let my drink on occasions! I read Katana last year and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Thanks for this giveaway! :))

Amanda Bonilla said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Wish I could have been there. :)

cathy bell said...

No, haven't.

mariska said...

so far, nope:)