Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bugs Bunny


I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a sucker for animals. My downfall has always been letting strays into my house. Once they’re inside, I can’t bear forcing them out into the cold, cruel world. Over the years, this has been true with dogs… cats…and now bunnies! Two days ago, my son found a baby bunny who’d wandered too far from its nest on my front walk. He, of course, brought it inside!

BUT…this time I was smarter! My granddaughter, Kassidy (who happens to be the daughter of the son responsible for me acquiring the rabbit in the first place), is as big of sucker as I am, so I gave the rabbit to her. She cabbaged right on to it, named it Bugs Bunny, and he now resides in a little cardboard box out at their house.

At this point, I don’t know what the chances of Bugs surviving are. From what I’ve read on the Internet and heard from others…not so good. You’re not to handle them a lot, and with two younger brothers and two little cousins around, Bugs is getting a little too much loving at this point. However, he is drinking milk made for kittens from a syringe and has managed to survive the first 48 hours, so we’ll see how it goes.

Below is a picture of Kassidy and her two cousins feeding Bugs.

No comments: