Monday, July 1, 2013

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

Happy Monday, everyone!

It's been a busy summer at my house. I work from home as a developer so it's been hard to do the day job and keep up with the kiddos. The Den of Evil has their moments. That's all I'm sayin'. But, overall, I will admit its nice to sleep in once in a while. June into July has been an awesome set of weeks for me. I'm starting the first book in the Nick Fenton series (Nick the White Wizard from Coveted series) and its been hard to say the least. I went through medical school with my husband, but I wasn't the one studying and I didn't get a medical degree either. I remember when he used to go to school from 8 am to 3pm and then he come home and study until around 9 pm. That's a long time to have your head in the game. The sheer amount of information he absorbed bordered on cra-zee! *sigh* I've had to do a lot more research to make this one work since my hero will be going through medical school while so many things go down. One of the things I always do is strive for authenticity. So that means I'm buckling down to get it done! If you haven't seen me around lately its because I've had to do so much research so it sounds like he's actually attending a "make-believe" but hey it might be real medical school.

But other awesome things have happened this month to keep my spirits up!


First of all, I have a new cover to share. :) It's the cover for the final book in Natalya's trilogy which will come out in 2014. My personal goal is before the next RT Convention in New Orleans. There will be more books in the Coveted universe, but this one will wrap up Natalya's journey. Want to be updated on the  latest news about the book? Be sure to join my newsletter list and add COMPELLED to your TBR list on Goodreads.

Second, BITTER DISENCHANTMENT, Aggie's book, got 4.5 stars on RT Book Reviews:

Madison packs a lot of action into the short format, making this exciting prequel to Coveted a supremely satisfying and well-written read. This is a story of survival with a hint of pathos, but Agatha is a winner who is determined to chart her own path. Even if you’re not necessarily a fan of shape-shifter stories — like this reviewer — the Coveted series is so riveting, it’ll have you hooked from page one.

I was so stoked to wake up to that news. :)

No comments: