Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Almost Halloween!

Wow, the year has gone by so fast. In a few days it will be Halloween and the kiddos at my house are ready to go in terms of enjoying the upcoming candy overdose! To be honest, I'm not looking forward to the final bill for the kids Halloween costumes or the mess from all the candy and such. But my mom endured it for me so I get to have the fun times three! Ha! I wish I was more handy so I could create home made costumes. I envy folks who are handy with a thread and needle. My kids have requested Minecraft costumes, and well, there aren't many options. But if I had the talent, oh the things I could make!

Last weekend I was in Seattle for the Emerald City Writers Conference. I had so much fun. Here is my co-conspirator Jeannie Lin and I at the signing! We did our Shy Girl Review presentation.

After the signing, Jeannie and I joined other writer peeps for a drink and some comfort food at Lot 3. My favorite thing there was the Plate O' Bacon from the snacks menu below. It was so good. The bacon was crispy, yet with a sweet maple syrup taste. So good. Bacon must be an important ingredient since the waiter asked everyone if they wanted bacon in their food whether it was chicken and waffles or mac and cheese (which I ordered, yum!) 


No comments: